Merrell Wonder Glove Barefoot Flat Review
*I purchased the Merrell Wonder Glove Barefoot Flats with my own money and Merrell did not pay me to write this review.
Merrell doesn’t make these shoes anymore and I was thrilled to find a pair on ebay.
Size: I usually wear a size 9 or 9.5 and I am most comfortable in a size 10 in these shoes.
- I love the black color and they are nice enough for me to wear to work
- The Merrell Wonder Gloves are flat, flexible and have a wide toe box (I can wear my correct toes in them)
- The strap across the top of my foot secures the shoe and I can walk in these all day without having to grip my toes or have tight elastic on the heel
- These shoes were comfortable the minute I put them on and there was no break in period and no blisters
- The Vibram soles seem like they will help the shoe last a long time with daily wear
- Wonder Glove barefoot flats are excellent in the rain-they have good traction and they won’t get ruined in a downpour
- I have a bunion and the shoes hit at a perfect spot on my feet and don’t bother my bunion-they also cover it which is a huge bonus
- These shoes have too much (gasp!) ground feel as I am walking on concrete and pavement all day. I added a thin, flat, cheap insole to them to add a small amount of cushion. On colder days, I switch that insole out for a wool insole (which is why I sized up a 1/2 size).
- The mary jane style of these shoes and the strap across my foot dresses these shoes down and I don’t feel comfortable wearing them with dresses or skirts to work.
- If your feet or shoes start to stink, you can throw the shoes in the washing machine-they wash well and dry quickly
- There is a small amount of toe spring at the front of the shoes, but when I start to walk, the toe spring goes away
- Merrell doesn’t make many other barefoot shoes besides the glove line of running shoes, which makes the wonder gloves hard to find