Softstar Solstice Sandals Review
*I ordered these with my own money and SoftStar Shoes did not pay me to write this review.
I was looking for a dressy-type sandal to wear to work and everyday. I did not want a minimalist / barefoot sandal with a sporty look for my office job.
Cost: $90+ Softstar Shoes
Size: I am usually a size 9 or 9.5 and I am very comfortable in a 6U in the solstice sandals. I tried both the regular width and wide width (the pictures below are the wide width). The regular width stretched a bit, but still smushed my toes some. The wide width was perfect as soon as I put them on, but I hope they don’t stretch to be too wide in the toe box.
- Beautiful, well made shoes that are flexible, zero drop and stay securely on my foot
- Made of natural materials (leather)
- I ordered a custom pair in platinum and this leather color dresses the sandal up (but it’s also a great color for work and an everyday sandal)
- Excellent customer service- the elves help you find the right size, are quick to respond, and the return policy is great
- Free shipping
- The ability to customize with lots of color options
- Soft Star Solstice Sandals come in narrow, regular and wide width
- Made in the USA
- If you order a custom pair of Softstar Solstice Sandals, they are handmade when the order is received and may take a few weeks to ship
- The price is high (though definitely worth it)
- My feet started to hurt after wearing these all day and doing quite a bit of walking
- I am not sure how these leather sandals will be in the rain or wet ground (I am afraid I would ruin them if I got caught in a rain storm)
- Softstar’s sizing is a bit tricky, but they do have a size chart which helps here: Sizing Help (I was very surprised that even though I wear a size 9 or 9.5, the 6U solstice sandal size was perfect)
- I loved the way the regular width looked on my foot better than the wide width, but the wide sandals were comfortable right out of the box