I needed a black shoe to wear to work in the fall and winter. I wanted to be able to wear thick, warm socks on a cold day.
*I purchased these shoes with my own money and Softmoc did not pay me to write this review.
Cost: $40-$65 at Softmoc.com
Sizing help: I am usually a 9 or 9.5 and I ordered a size 9. I wondered if they ran big like Minnetonka Moccasins but they do not. My toe touched the end and I would be most comfortable in a size 10. If you are between sizes, go up a size.
- The cost of the shoes is wonderfully low for a pair of barefoot / minimalist shoes
- This moccasin bootie is flat, zero drop and flexible when you remove the hard insole that’s included
- The shoes feel well made
- The toe box is wide (I can wear my correct toes) and it gives my toes enough room to spread out (unlike Minnetonka Moccasins which run narrow)
- These shoes have a great foot-shaped toe box that is more square than pictures show
- Softmoc has great customer service and you can return or exchange shoes to find the best fit
- The suede material is not waterproof and my feet get damp or wet in the rain
- I have narrow ankles and my heels slipped when I walked because there are no laces, only a back zipper
- The suede material dresses the shoe down, unlike leather (but they still look fine with dress pants for work)