When my kids first start to walk, I like to put Robeez or leather moccasins on them. For their first shoe with a hard bottom, I love the Stride Rite Soft Motion line of shoes.
*I bought these shoes with my own money and Stride Rite did not pay me to write this review.
Cost: $20+ on Amazon
- These shoes come in regular, wide and extra wide widths
- They are flexible, lightweight, zero drop and have a wide toe box
- The hook and loop closure at the top and the long tongue make it easy to get kids’ feet in the shoe
- The material of the shoe is soft and seems to be comfortable on my kids’ feet
- The cost is wonderfully low for a barefoot / minimalist shoe – especially since kids grow out of shoes quickly
- The shoes are great quality and are made to last, even with kids who tend to be hard on shoes
- Stride Rite Soft Motions shoes are washable and dry quickly
- These shoes come in many different styles for all occasions- sneakers, sandals, water shoes and high tops
- Stride Rite Soft Motion shoes only come in baby/toddler sizes 3-6
The tan shoes in the picture above are Stride Rite Soft Motion Kellen (in the wide width).
The blue shoes in the picture below are Stride Rite Soft Motion Link (in the wide width).