If you are on a budget, but still want your kids to wear barefoot / minimalist shoes, water shoes are a fantastic option.
*I bought these shoes with my own money and Oshkosh/Carter’s did not pay me to write this post.
- The cost is very low (water shoes range from $5 and up) especially when kids grow out of shoes quickly
- Water shoes are flat, flexible, lightweight and usually have a fairly wide toe box
- These shoes are easy for my kids to put on by themselves
- Water shoes wash well and dry quickly
- The fabric is soft and comfortable on my kids’ feet (they seem to have neoprene or a similar material)
- We use water shoes as one of our main summer shoes
- These shoes are great for sunny days, rainy days, swimming or splashing in puddles
- My kids like the fun colors and designs
- The shoes aren’t super breathable and get stinky (but a quick wash in the washing machine helps)
- These shoes definitely look like water shoes and are very casual
The pink pair in the picture above are Carter’s brand.
The blue pair in the picture below are Oshkosh brand.