Softstar Ballerine Ballet Flat Review
I am replacing my ballet flats with barefoot friendly ones and the Softstar Ballerine Ballet Flats seemed perfect for work.
*I purchased these shoes with my own money and Softstar did not pay me to write this review.
Cost: $150+ depending on the color you order at https://www.softstarshoes.com/
Sizing: I ordered a pair of custom red Ballerines in a size 8U (I usually wear a size 9 or 9.5 in regular shoes).
- Beautiful shoes, well made and super soft leather that feel comfortable the minute I put them on
- The small amount of cushion under my feet feels great when I walk on hard surfaces all day
- The ability to customize and create almost any color imaginable
- A wide toe box that allows my toes to fully spread out
- Flat, flexible and easy to pack
- Dressy enough for work in an office or casual enough for an everyday shoe
- The shoes conform to your feet and stretch just enough to be very comfortable for all day wear
- Most ballet flats rub my bunion, but these don’t
- I was expecting to see an outline of my toes, but it’s not as pronounced because the leather is high quality
- Made in the USA
- Softstar Shoes has excellent customer service and allows returns or exchanges
- The cost is high even though the quality is excellent (I was willing to pay for these because truly barefoot / minimalist flats are hard to find)
- The regular width isn’t quite wide enough for my correct toes-I haven’t tried the Ballerines in a wide width because I have narrow heels and I don’t want them to slip off
- The heel of the Ballerine flats come up high on my heel and it took a few days to get used to
- I am not sure if it’s just the way my feet are shaped, but the shape of these shoes and my feet don’t seem to be a perfect match-either my feet or the shoes curve in an unusual way
- On my feet, the heel collapses a bit where the sole meets the heel (see the picture below)